Veolia EnvironVest Services (Nanjing) Co., Ltd.
The market for environmental services in China in 2015 was expected to be over $726 billion USD. Over 50% of this demand came from waste handling and recycling, and 80% of this demand came from China's East Coast. Veolia EnviroVest Services (Nanjing) Co., Ltd. is one of the portfolio companies in this market that eJnnn is currently servicing.
- It was a project company established by VES (Veolia Environment Service) in 2008. We invested as majority-stake acquisition in 2014.
- The plant is located in Nanjing Economic and Technological Development Zone and covers an area of 37,000 square meters. It is one of the only 2 licensed hazardous waste treatment plants in Nanjing.
- Licensed Capacity: 28,200 metric tons per year.
- Collection, transportation, storage, and treatment of 19 kinds of industrial wastes, including waste pesticide, waste oil, waste resin, waste organic acid, waste organic alkali and waste organic solvent.
- Technology, processing and equipment: treatment capacity and standards for equipment have been improved.
- Stringent environmental protection measures: The Company has established a modern decontamination system to control the release of vent gas, including quenching, neutralization and adsorption, and dust removal.
- Advanced logistics and storage systems: the Company has a system for the in-depth analysis and storage of hazardous waste to insure orderly operations and security of the staff..
- Modernized enterprise management: waste collection, transportation, input and output management are computerized. Regular training and examination of systems and rules for responsibility have been established to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, to optimize process management and to motivate staff members.
Hunan Fengyue Environment Co.Ltd (FYEC)
- FYEC is based in Hunan Province and is a leader in recovering usable materials from the waste generated by mining. The company recovers mainly indium, zinc, lead, and other metals, including silver and copper. The company’s key suppliers are large mining companies in the Chinese mining industry.
- In 2012 we made an investment of US$5M into in Hunan Fengyue Environment Co. Ltd. for a 4.1% stake of the business.
- Metal recycling market is growing rapidly in recent years. According to the USGS, global secondary production of indium, a rare earth, increased significantly during the past several years and now accounted for a greater share of indium production than primary production. This trend is expected to continue in the future. MinorMetals.com reported on January 11, 2010 that 850 tons of indium was recycled in 2008, which represented approximately 60% of total global indium supply.
- China controls over 50% of the world’s refined indium production. As the largest market player in the space, FYEC is well positioned to capitalize on this trend and lead the industry by recycling mining wastes to extract indium as well as other precious metals in China.
- Our investment was used to increase capacity and upgrade the company’s technological process.
- Partnering with the management team at FYEC, we developed the company with capital, strategic resources and operational expertise in order to accelerate its growth.
- As part of our investment, we were able to secure the advisory board chairman seat and were actively engaged in shaping the direction of the business.
- We exited in 2014 through a strategic sale to Shanghai Dingli Technology & Development, a public company listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
>> Discover more portfolio companies